FMGC Manufacturing Company
Are you looking for a role that challenges your skills through development and implementation of your own ideas to improve a manufacturing process?
Does the idea of working in a productive team for a company with great culture interest you?
Then reach out! Kingston Barnes is now recruiting an exciting position for a Senior Casting Engineer for one of our clients working within the Clevedon area.
The Company: A leading supplier across multiple industries, the company operates across several sites across the south west. They use the most modern and efficient machinery, of its kind, across the UK. With international connections this company is in a great position to expand their team.
The Role: You will be responsible to carry out checks, updates on paperwork and carry out risk assessments in line with Health and Safety Guidelines. The role involves assisted development of existing builds and aid with tooling designs for product prototypes. To study work orders, drawings and make controlled alterations to assist with tooling development. This role will also involve elements of autonomy through the implementation and development of casting systems. Working across multiple departments liaising with colleagues and external suppliers to develop tooling systems and to ensure the smooth running of the manufacturing process, producing quality products in a cost-effective manner.
The Candidate: The candidate must have 10 years’ experience working with zinc meta (casting manufacturing.) The role requires someone who can operate in a safe and considerate manner whilst maintaining efficiency and quality of work.
- Monitoring tooling assembly and ensuring the continued high quality of the tools produced.
- Maintaining quality and safety standards.
- To ensure tools are created to set procedures and tolerances.
- To strive to work safely, efficiently and to a good standard.
- To assist with the development of high-quality tooling systems.
- To provide a link between CAD design and punch tooling manufacturing to promote the highest quality standards.
- To communicate clearly and effectively.
- Can work to deadlines
- Can adapt to change
- To be courteous to colleagues
- Must be able to work well in a team
- Flexible and willing to learn
- 10 years + experience in zinc metal; casting manufacture
- Formal engineering qualification or time served apprenticeship essential (i.e. mechanical or toolmaking)
- Experience with casting (essential)
- Press tool and jig manufacturing experience preferred.
- Experience in mould or cast tooling preferred.
- Injection moulding experience would be an advantage.
- £35,000 – £40,000
- 40 hours per week
If you are interested, please call Sam Bishop on 011793252233 or apply online
* Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position *