East Linton, Scotland
Are you an experienced mechanical technician looking to join a market leader on days?
Then Kingston Barnes may have the Opportunity for you!
What are we looking for?
- Exposure to having carried out planned and unplanned maintenance activities.
- A demonstrable track record in ensuring maintenance plans and targets are achieved safely, economically and within the environmental limits of the plant
- Knowledge of repair methods of mechanical machinery and material within a heavy process or plant industry
- Experience in working within Permit to Work and Safe System of Work environments i.e. plant isolations and safety systems
- Experience in working with Preventative Maintenance Systems and Computerised Maintenance Management Systems
- Some knowledge of the creation of detailed scopes of work / Engineering Specifications ready to be sent out to tender
- A demonstrable no-compromise approach to Health & Safety legislation ideally relevant to process or power industry
- Possess appropriate Engineering qualifications / technical qualifications such as a City & Guilds / NVQ (or equivalent) including a recognised apprenticeship.
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Strong team playing skills with an ability to work towards shared goals
- Ability to think logically and solve problems effectively and efficiently
- Ability to self-motivate by prioritising own workload when required.
Package/Hours of work:
- Salary: £44,013 per year
- Hours: Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. – 16:00 p.m. (40 hours per week)
- Annual bonus up to 10% based on company and personal performance.
- Call out allowance – 1 in 4 weeks call out, Monday morning – Sunday night. £180 per week. Paid for 4 hours at time ½ when called out even if it is solvable on the phone/site = £29.74 + per hour = £208.99 per call out (£2716.87 per year) –
- Holidays – 25 days + 8 bank holidays
- Comprehensive sick pay scheme
- 4 – 7% matched pension plan
- Health care scheme
- Benefits discount package / retailers/hotels etc.