Package: £29,234.15, Bonus, Pension plan, Shift holidays
Would you like to work for a company that are having a huge positive impact in the renewable energy sector?
Do you have experience of lab testing equipment and methods?
Are you happy working in an industrial environment?
Then get in touch! Kingston Barnes has a fantastic opportunity for a Lab technician for one of our manufacturing clients in the Bristol area. Our client strives to develop and deliver innovative ways to reduce, reuse, recycle or recover energy from the things that you sort into your recycling every day.
The Company: Our client produces high quality recycled plastics in pellet and flake every year, which are produced to tight specifications. Sustainability is at the heart of what they do. They work closely with manufacturers, brand owners and retailers to develop materials that are fit for recycling. They are aiming to be one of the UK leaders within the renewable energy industry and it is an exciting time to be a part of it.
The Role: Within the remit of the role you will be responsible for the sampling and analysis of polymer samples from incoming plastics through to recycled products and samples from the waste water treatment plan. Testing and analysis must be in accordance with company methods and SOPRA’s. You must record all results in the appropriate databases and work in line with production targets.
- Knowledge of lab testing equipment/various testing methods & calibration
- Knowledge of Health and Safety
- Awareness of environmental issues
- Good communication/literacy & numeracy skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team
- IT skills, including use of Microsoft office packages
- Experience within a similar role
- Knowledge of different Polymer types – this would be advantageous but not essential as this can be learnt.
- Previous experience in an industrial / production environment.
- Discretionary bonus up to 20% (Half personal, Half company)
- 23.5 days Holiday
- 4% matched pension scheme
- Healthcare scheme
- Progression Opportunities
If you are interested please call Josh Hoyle on 07712 695480 or apply online
* Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position *