Health and Safety Manager
Are you an experienced health and safety manager looking to join a Leading Manufacturer.
Then get in touch! Kingston Barnes is currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Manager for one of our clients operating in the engineering sector. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to join a global business with the scope to progress and develop within your personal career.
The role: You will be managing the day-to-day Health and Safety function of a global manufacturer. Responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Provide operational leadership to the HSE team within the business
- Responsible for the implementation and continuous improvement of the business system standards (ISO14001 & OHSAS 18001) and HS&E policy and operating procedures
- Stop any operation/process where the activity poses a serious health, safety or environmental risk and coordinate remedial activities in a timely manner
- Represent the company with external auditing bodies and external/government agencies
- Co-ordinate/conduct internal system audits, legal compliance audits, site inspections and risk assessments
- Develop improvement plans to address any issues on site
- Develop and implement proactive methods to reduce injuries and illnesses
- Communicate with local interested parties on health, safety & environmental matters
- Identify training and program needs of all departments and develop programs to fulfil the specific requirements
- Undertake accident investigations if required
- NEBOSH Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Previous experience as a Health and Safety manager in a manufacturing/production environment
- Able to communicate and influence employees at all levels of the organisation.
- Understanding of continuous improvement tools and techniques
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications: Outlook, Excel, Word (or equivalent)
- ISO14001 lead auditor qualification.
- £50,000 Salary
- Competitive holiday package
- Monday – Friday
- Generous benefits package
If you are interested, please call Joshua Bedingfield on 0117 325 2233 or apply online.
* Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position *