Are you a Healthy and Safety Officer looking for a challenging role within fast moving manufacturing environment?
Then get in Touch!
Full training and development in company systems with excellent starting salary.
With the company’s success continuing to grow steadily, they are looking at expanding the work force on site in order to maintain production levels. They are a market leader within the manufacturing industry and are looking forward to another successful year within this marketplace. The business has shown consistent growth and is constantly developing new systems to maintain their competitive advantage in existing markets. The successful Health and Safety Advisor/ Officer will receive support and development to achieve and maintain excellent Health and Safety standards within the business.
Role requirements and responsibilities
- Lead site risk assessment teams, ensuring that any actions are identified, allocated, competently carried out and reviewed.
- Participate in the compilation of site Standard Operating Procedures.
- Compile and issue all periodic Health & Safety communications in a timely manner.
- Attend meetings and communicate essential day to day Health & Safety matters.
- Conduct Health & Safety audits, communicating findings and leading the closure of corrective actions.
- Participate in the management of return to work systems and restricted duty programs.
- Maintain a database of essential Health & Safety Key Performance Indicators.
- Ensure sufficient coverage for first aid and emergency situations across all shifts.
- Record and communicate any Health & Safety related incidents or accidents including the overseeing of corrective actions.
- Record and communicate all near misses including the overseeing of corrective actions.
- Assess potential new recruits as to their suitability for Health & Safety disciplines.
- Create and maintain a training database for all operational and Health & Safety tasks, ensuring that all training documentation is in place and that suitable training is recorded for each role.
- Ensure that periodic Health & Safety refresher training is carried out and recorded.
- Deliver the site Health & Safety induction to all new employees ensuring that the content of the induction is clearly communicated, understood and recorded.
- To carry out and record specific specialist Health and Safety training.
- Carry out weekly and periodic testing of site emergency systems and procedures.
- Lead the Health & Safety Committee, ensuring that all areas of the business are represented, with actions raised, responsibility assigned, formal closure of any concern and that it is effectively communicated.
- Support all aspects of the business with competent guidance and information.
- Escalate any concerns in relation to Health and Safety to the Group Health & Safety Manager immediately.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of its application within the workplace environment.
- Liaise as appropriate with the HSE, third parties and customers as needed.
- Health and Safety Background
- Previous experience in FMCG manufacture ideal
- Ambition to progress their career
- Good oral and presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of HSE legislation
- Ability to manage workload, manage to tight time scales and set deadlines.
- Works under own initiative
- NEBOSH certificate or Diploma ideal, not essential
If you are interested please call Justin Reynolds on 0117 325 2233 or apply online