Are you an Automation and Controls Engineer seeking a new opportunity ?
Does the idea of joining a secure and stable independent British FMCG manufacturer ?
Can you demonstrate PLC and controls programming ?
Then please get in touch ! Kingston Barnes are recruiting for an Automation Engineer to join our client in the Langford and surrounding area !
You will be working for an independent food manufacturer of products that are supplied nationwide into the major UK retailers. The business have multiple sites across the country and are continuing to grow and expand year on year. Employing over 1700 across the sites, the business can offer a stable and secure opportunity and are well established in their respective sector.
- Modernising PLC platforms and integrated control systems with a demonstrable, hands on, ability to problem solve and fault find.
- Integration of technology within new and existing systems including process control, end-of-line automation, data acquisition, vision and validation systems
- Reading and updating Schematics and Documentation
- Design Contribution, Delivery & Commissioning of manufacturing capability
- Automation & Electrical Obsolescence mitigation
- Proactively implementing sustainable ways of working to ensure asset capability, availability and performance
- Delivering skills development programs with full responsibility for up-skilling staff in automation and control systems.
- Keeping up to date with the latest automation and systems technology.
- Identifying opportunities to optimise and improve through the adoption and integration of automation.
- Working with project teams and OEMs to influence design improvements.
- Controls engineering experience, preferably through a recognised time-served apprenticeship in manufacturing.
- To be a highly skilled electrical engineer with a bias for PLC and controls programming
- Hands on experience in fault finding & diagnostics
- A HND/HNC in Electrical & Electronic Engineering or equivalent qualification
- A background in process control and automation engineering in FMCG or equivalent industry
- Demonstrable strong examples of structured improvement gains through Automation
- Four on Four off days only (12 hour shifts) DAYS ONLY
- £44,500 – £48,000 per year
If you would like to find out more then please get in touch ! Interviews are taking place next week onwards.