I am currently recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer for one of our clients in the Bristol area. This is a great opportunity for a time served design engineer to work for an established company and help to improve their design team. The starting salary is up to £50,000.
The successful Mechanical Design Engineer will liaise with different departments in the business. There is no direct sales included in the role, you will be providing technical support to the Sales team.
Our client is a market leader in the construction of commercial vehicle bodies. They work with many different companies including ford and the NHS to modify vehicles to be used across many different industries. Their projects include tippers, box vans, drop sides and specialist builds. They are a family run company with a great working atmosphere and a brand new site.
The purpose of the role is to work alongside the sales team. You will be responsible for Product Design and development, producing accurate BOM’s, quotations and job cards that meet customer expectations. You will also liaise with shop floor team leaders and CI team leaders to resolve any engineering queries. Responsibilities include:
- Create BOM’s/Job cards/quotations to customer specifications to enable sales team to quote accurately
- Specific focus on designing cost out of orders/maximise margin benefit
- Produce CAD drawings to customer specification
- Product development and design
- Liaise with manufacturing
- Detailed handovers of products when necessary
- Assist in designing and creating standardised product range
- Degree level education or equivalent
- Proven experience in designing and value engineering
- Experience producing CAD drawings
- Solidworks/Driveworks experience
- MS office proficient
- Organisational and time management abilities
- Up to £50,000 per annum
- 20 days holiday plus 8 banks
If you are interested please call Josh Hoyle on 07712695480 or apply online
* Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position *