Company name:Architectural Consultancy
Job Role:Urban Designer
Salary:To £40k plus benefits
Are you looking for an Urban Design job in Newport?
Would you like to work for a leading Design consultancy on a range of challenging residential and mixed-use schemes?
Urban Design job in Newport. A leading design Consultancy has a requirement for an experienced Urban Designer to join their design team in Newport. The Urban Designer will take responsibility for the preparation and oversight of conceptual urban design and planning work, feasibility studies, master planning, and design strategies for residential and mixed-use schemes for a range of developers, land owners and private clients. The Urban Designer will lead and manage projects with regards to timescales and take responsibility for liaison and meeting with local authorities and project teams as requested.
Skills and experience required:
- Ideally a first degree in Architecture, Planning or Landscape Architecture combined with a minimum of 3 years’ post-graduate experience.
- Excellent design skills and an understanding of planning issues and local authority design standards
- Strong interpersonal skills, with experience of leading a project team.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Extensive experience using CAD design packages such as Vectorworks, AutoCAD or Revit.
- Knowledge of graphics packages such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Sketchup.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Urban Designer to join a leading Design consultancy, where you will have the opportunity to work on a range of interesting and challenging projects and to contribute to the development and growth of their South Wales team.
Kingston Barnes are a built environment recruitment agency. Our deep-rooted knowledge of the industry means we have insight into which companies will enable you to achieve your career ambitions. We recruit for a number of architectural practices, developers, & design consultancies. If you are looking for an Urban Designer job in South Wales or the South West then please contact Dave Harries on 0117 325 2233 or firstname.lastname@example.org.