Company name:Residential Developer
Job Role:Technical Manager
Region:Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
Salary:£60,000 + Package
Are you a Technical Manager looking for a new permanent opportunity with a residential developer?
Would you like the autonomy of running your own department?
Do you have a keen eye for detail & design?
Technical Manager Job in Gloucestershire – My client is a second generation dynamic family owned and run business with a heritage of over 50 years. their homes are well built, quality and inspirational. They have won awards for design, business and development. They value their people, their customers and are passionate about buildings, architecture and their homes.
With a strong pipeline of work ahead of them they are now looking to recruit a Technical Manager for their new homes division to support the development of contemporary, flexible living spaces through to completion.
Ideally you will be architecturally biased with a sound knowledge of design and engineering, currently working for a residential developer. You will be a consummate team player accustomed to co-ordinating all aspects of design function with the ability to influence key stakeholders.
- Advise Land & Planning Team on the technical aspects of development including drainage, highways, utilities etc and provide cost-effective solutions to enable accurate appraisals to be prepared.
- Ensure consultants prepare detailed design in accordance with any Employer’s requirement and Contractors Proposal
- Facilitate the design process, from planning application through to project completion.
- Responsible for overall negotiation and securing of technical and statutory approvals to achieve the optimum timing programmes.
- Liaison with departmental senior managers, external consultants and others.
- Take ownership of producing a full technical pack of information for every development that is ready for commercial procurement by the Project Surveyor.
- Timely start of projects with robust, cost conscious, technical solution
- Ensure bids are fully value engineered
- Compliance with pre-start requirements
- Manage the technical section of any bids, tenders and quality submissions
- Technical evaluation of scheme proposals
- Resolve any issues with highways, drainage and engineering
- Appointment of consultants and designers
- Appraisal of new building products & legislation
- Attend pre-qualification interviews and presentation
- Ensure planning and building control issues are addressed
- Attend client pre-start progress meetings
This is a brand new opportunity with my client who are very excited about this new role. Competitive salary & package available