Company name:Residential Developer
Job Role:Technical Manager
Region:Bristol, United Kingdom
Salary:Negotiable + Package
Technical Manager job in Bristol
Are you looking for a new opportunity as a Technical Manager?
Is the idea of working for a high end bespoke developer appealing?
Are you looking for continued career progression?
Technical Manager job in Bristol – My client are an experienced and reputable bespoke developer comprising a team of dedicated people with a track record of delivering quality award winning homes. They work with landowners to maximise their returns through land purchase or joint venture agreements. They have built many high value quality homes over a considerable period of time and their in-house team are particularly skilled at delivering to programme and budget. They offer a bespoke service and flexibility during the design and the construction of a new home, together with value for money solutions. An opportunity has arisen for a Technical Manager to join them on a permanent basis from their office in Bristol. You will be responsible for a team of technical staff and achieving company results, ideally you will be architecturally biased with a sound knowledge of design and engineering, currently working for a residential developer. You will be a consummate team player accustomed to co-ordinating all aspects of design function with the ability to influence key stakeholders.
- Timely start of projects with robust, cost conscious, technical solutions
- Ensure bids are fully value engineered
- Compliance with pre-start requirements
- Manage the technical section of any bids, tenders and quality submissions
- Technical evaluation of scheme proposals
- Resolve any issues with highways, drainage and engineering
- Appraisal of new building products & legislation
- Attend pre-qualification interviews and presentation
- Ensure planning and building control issues are addressed
- Attend client pre-start progress meetings
- Appointment of consultants and designers
- Provide technical briefings to other departments
- Manage client expectations regarding timescales, design, planning
- Provide interface with estimating, design, technical & operations.
- Liaise with local authorities arranging section agreements.
- Advise Land & Planning Team on the technical aspects of development including drainage, highways, utilities etc and provide cost-effective solutions to enable accurate appraisals to be prepared.
- Facilitate the design process, from planning application through to project completion.
- Liaison with departmental senior managers, external consultants and others.
It is important that you have an established background working for a privately owned residential developer, ideally with experience in bespoke projects. This is an office based role, however you will be required to travel to site meetings accordingly. My client offers a long term rewarding career with excellent salary and benefit opportunity.