Company name:A partnership PQS
Sector:PQS / Multi-Disciplinary Consultancies
Salary:£45000 - £85000 + Excellent Benefits
SENIOR RAIL ESTIMATOR JOB IN LONDON
Are you a senior rail estimator looking for a great job opportunity to work with an award winning and dynamic PQS practice in central London?
Would you like to work for a company with a family feel, where you are more than just a number with no bureaucracy, and a common sense approach to quantity surveying?
Does working on the next UK mega project sound appealing?
Then get in touch! Kingston Barnes’ client is a leading Cost and Quantity Surveying Consultancy in central London and they are looking for a Rail Estimator to be based in their central London office. You will be working for an award-winning business that cost and manage large civil engineering construction projects, transport and energy developments. Many of the developments and projects are in the range of £100m to £47bn+. They take real care in the investment of their staff and full support with MRICS development is standard. They have recently won an Investors In People award.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Preparation of tender reports
- Analysis, evaluation/assessment of tender reports
- Negotiation and contract formulation
- Review the Preparation of cost plans
- Handling post tender qualification documents & procedures
- Preparation of recommendations for award of contractor packages
- Attending meetings with clients and contractors
- Potential management of more junior members of staff
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience working in the rail sector is essential
- Experience working for a Main Contractor is also considered for this role, as well as a consultancy organisation
- IT proficient with extensive exposure to use of spreadsheets & bespoke IT packages relating to cost planning is essential
- Experience of working competently & consistently in a Pre-Contract role is essential
- Demonstrable experience on your CV of your ability to perform unassisted a number of the pre-contract quantity surveying duties listed above is required
- Experience of managing junior members of staff is beneficial
- Vast post qualification experience in an Estimating role
To be considered for this position the successful candidate will need to posses;
- 5 years experience of working on large civil engineering projects
- Client facing experience although not essential
- Working towards MRICS or MCIOB but not essential
- BSc Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- Estimating experience
- £45,000- £85,000 + excellent benefits
- The selected candidate will be rewarded with benefits generous pension and bonus schemes. You will have real opportunity to succeed and a good opportunity to work on interesting projects.
For more information on this role and others please call 0207 112 9082 and speak to Dan Crowley.
Kingston Barnes are a construction recruitment agency. Our deep rooted knowledge of the industry means we have insight into which companies will enable you to achieve your career ambitions. We recruit for a number of developers, contractors & consultancies. If you are looking for a senior civil estimator job in central London, or another position as a Cost Consultant, Project Quantity Surveyor, Commercial Manager or Associate Director please contact our experienced consultants to discuss your career aspirations on 0207 112 9082.