Company name:Regional Contractor
Job Role:Design Manager
Region:Bristol, United Kingdom
Salary:£55,000 - £60,000 + Package
Senior Design Manager job in Bristol
Are you a Design Manager looking to take a step up into a senior position?
Do you have experience of managing a design team?
Does the thought of working for an award winning contractor appeal to you?
Senior Design Manager job in Bristol – From their beginnings as a local builder my client have grown into a multi-disciplinary regional contractor and developer operating across the South West. They remain a family owned business forming part of a leading construction group. They believe strongly in developing open and honest working relationships built on the principle of people do business with people. Their heritage and longevity as a local business is testament to the quality of product they produce.
Operating across the South West, they design and deliver new build and refurbishment projects within the Residential, Education, Health, Commercial, Care and Retirement sectors. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Design Manager to join them on a permanent basis, ideally you will already be working for a regional contractor/developer in the area and be experienced in a managerial position. Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for achieving design performance objectives and KPI’s.
- Manage and support directly reported team members
- Set a clear plan for achieving design objectives utilising company procedures and communicate this to external consultants and internal team members
- Provide timely and accurate reports against your objectives and performance measures.
- Support the operational and commercial teams for the most effective solutions for buildability and commerciality always ensuring the requirements of the Contract are met.
- Grow and maintain independent relationships with key consultants.
- Engage with key design subcontractors and suppliers to ensure design requirements are met
- Ensure that consultants are appointed in a timely manner
- Maximise value engineering opportunities through innovative design solutions
- Technical expertise on construction process and quality of product required
- Up to date regulatory knowledge, such as planning, building control, section agreements and statutory services
- Provide support to new business opportunities to ensure the best chance of winning tenders, negotiating projects or supporting land/development opportunities – utilising risk and opportunity schedules
- Attend site visits to support site management staff as required