Company name:Medium sized international consultancy
Job Role:Quantity Surveyor
Salary:£65,000 - £85,000
Quantum Quantity Surveyor job in London
Quantum Quantity Surveyor job in London – My client is looking for a Quantum Quantity Surveyor in London to work for my client who are an international claims specialist and are highly experienced in the development and defence of commercial claims.
Their claims preparation and management services include:
- Contractual health checks and the development of claim avoidance and resolution strategies
- Development and defence of claims for extensions of time and related monetary relief
- Acceleration claims
- Disruption and loss of productivity claims
- Advice on termination and suspension
- Pursuit of remedies in regard to payment default
- Breach of contract and damages claims
You will be working as a Senior Consultant in the business providing support to a Director / Expert Witness on major claims and disputes in the domestic and international construction markets. You will spend much of your time using your Quantity Surveying / Quantum experience to expertly analyse documents to assess any grounds for unreasonable pricings, negligence, and other dispute related matters and reporting these findings in an expert report or in claim preparation / defence.
Some specific duties will include (not limited to):
- High level Quantum Analysis
• Supporting the Expert Witness on selected commissions
• Writing sections of Expert Reports
• Assessing contract termination
• Cost and Damages analysis
• Arbitration support
• Dispute resolution
- Experience working at the level of Senior Quantity Surveyor or as a Quantum Consultant within a construction disputes consultancy
• Experience in the financial sector is a bonus however not essential
• Experience working for either a Main Contractor or PQS company are both considered
• Some exposure to construction disputes already is preferable
- Degree qualified is strongly preferred in Quantity Surveying or similar construction discipline
• A qualification in construction law or on route to achieving is a bonus, but relevant experience is more strongly preferred for this role
• MRICS, on route or willingness to achieve is important
For more information on this role and others please call 0207.112.9082 and speak to Dan Crowley at Kingston Barnes.
Kingston Barnes are a construction recruitment agency. Our deep rooted knowledge of the industry means we have insight into which companies will enable you to achieve your career ambitions. We recruit for a number of developers, contractors & consultancies. If you are looking for a Quantity Surveyor job in London as an Assistant Quantity Surveyor, Quantity Surveyor, Chartered Quantity Surveyor, Senior Quantity Surveyor, Associate Quantity Surveyor or Director please contact our experienced consultants to discuss your career aspirations on02071129082.