Company name:Residential Developer
Job Role:Quantity Surveyor
Region:Swindon, United Kingdom
Sector:Residential / Housing
Salary:£45,000 - £52,000 + Package
Quantity Surveyor job in Swindon
Are you an Assistant Quantity Surveyor looking to take a step up into a Senior position?
Are you a Quantity Surveyor with residential experience looking for a new challenge?
Do you like the idea of working for an established developer based in Swindon?
Quantity Surveyor job in Swindon – My client has a mission to increase the opportunities for people to thrive by building great homes and communities. They want to increase the number of new good-quality, affordable homes for people in the South West. Within the next 8 years they have plans to build 2000 new affordable homes. This will include homes for low-cost home ownership and developing homes for open market sale.
Due to a recent restructure they are looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor for their busy office in Swindon. They are looking for candidates with experience working for a plc developer either bespoke or fast paced volume. My client will consider candidates who are already a proven Quantity Surveyor or at an Assistant level looking to take a step up into a more senior position. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of their commercial department.
- Provide commercial support to the business regarding pricing, terms and conditions, subcontract orders, variations and final accounts.
- Have commercial discussions and negotiations with customers and support the supply chain function in strategic procurement activities
- Challenge and support subcontractors regarding pricing, contract management, project controls, variations/amendments, risk and cost management, claims and disputes, progress and cost forecasting and management
- Full commercial responsibility for 3-4 developments
- Appoint subcontractors and ensure best prices are received
- Up to date with full health & safety
- Proficient in the use of COINS system
- Introduce new payment systems and methods
For further information please contact Kate Hallett