Company name:Leading Consultancy
Job Role:Project Controls
Region:Bristol, United Kingdom
Project Controls Manager, Risk – Defence
My client are a global professional services organization who provide consulting and delivery services to large global clients. With their experience of major capital projects all over the world they are experts at managing the many moving parts involved in complex programmes.
Within their Southwest region their infrastructure team has strong positions in Highways, Utilities, Rail and Defence. They are seeking experienced Projects Controls Risk Managers with proven experience in a risk delivery role on major projects/programmes.
Responsibilities of the Projects Controls Risk Managers include:
- Facilitate identification, assessment, mitigation and prioritisation of threats, opportunities within a programme.
- Maintain visibility of threat/opportunity trigger points to facilitate risk exposure profiling, timely draw down of risk contingency or retirement of threat/opportunity.
- Use risk data to inform funding decisions and annual planning cycles.
- Understanding or proven application of change management process for impacted threats and opportunities to the Project Management Baseline.
- Support Project Managers with identification and recording of appropriate management responses which are measurable and specific, to inform the post mitigated positions.
- Drive a proactive approach to the achievement of management responses to help deliver target positions and reduce exposure.
- Monitor overall risk exposure and assess against the remaining Risk budget.
- Proactively manage the completion of management responses to help deliver target positions.
- Work with contractors to assess contractor held risks and their views on client held risks that impact upon them.
- Produce risk reports as required, in a timely manner, to support the effective communication of threat & opportunities.
- Conduct quantitative risk assessment (cost and schedule) to inform project contingency levels.
You will have substantial experience in project controls management on major infrastructure projects and have achieved chartered status or equivalent qualification. Ideally currently cleared to at least SC level or able to gain it (sponsorship available).