Job Role:Procurement ManagerProcurement ManagerProject Coordinator
Sector:ProcurementFMCGManufacturingEngineeringMechanical & ElectricalProject Management Consultancy
Are you seeking a strategic / project Procurement Managers role in Swindon
A member of the Operations Management Team with personal and functional responsibility for the Procurement commercial value stream with a specific focus on cost down, value engineering and working capital enhancement.
You will be responsible for the planning and organisation of the Procurement value stream as well as its overall performance and direction. You will take a hands-on role and be keen to provide the business with the necessary communication, guidance and support on all matters Procurement related.
You will develop a clear Procurement plan for each of the company’s direct and indirect spend categories. You will be results orientated and be driven to deliver cost downs on purchase prices, deliver value engineering based cost down initiatives, optimise the businesses working capital through agreed supply chain initiatives and have a clear understanding of Procurement business risk with plans to mitigate established and implemented.
You will proactively measure performance to goals and display excellent skills in communicating exceptions to plans and will develop a strong relationship with all the members of the Management Team and make a significant contribution to company P&L performance.
- Develop category plans for both direct and in-direct purchase spend product groups.
- Identify Procurement risks and create & implement plans to mitigate.
- Negotiate cost savings/ cost avoidance within direct & indirect spend product groups.
- Co-ordinate & deliver agreed supplier based value engineering projects.
- Negotiate supply chain initiatives that improve our investment in working capital.
- Develop & communicate a reporting process to manage trends in commodity pricing & exchange rates.
- To develop and agree a Supplier Agreement with target suppliers & create a vendor assessment process.
- Create a supplier database and expand this with suitable potential supplier alternatives.
- Co-ordinate & support technically driven initiatives that will deliver enhanced commercial value.
- Interact with and support Group Procurement activities as required.
Skills / Qualifications
Ideal candidates will be an established, credible procurement professional, with good people skills and able to work as part of a Procurement & Materials Management team. CIPS qualifications would be advantageous.
You will have exposure to the duties described above as well as recognised procurement & supply chain disciplines. You will have performed such duties within a manufacturing environment and had exposure to the purchasing of commodity materials (steel, copper, aluminium etc). You will be able to demonstrable a track record of success and be confident at communicating your thoughts at all levels in a constructive manner.
Your high quality planning and organisational skills will underpin your results orientated nature allowing you to honour your commitments.
Bespoke in their product range and client base, a multi sited designer and manufacture highly efficient AC and EC motors, motorised air movement units residential and commercial HVAC manufacturing markets worldwide.
Kingston Barnes is a construction recruitment agency, our deep rooted knowledge of the industry means we have insight into which companies may suit you which will enable you to achieve your career ambitions.. We recruit for a number of developers, contractors & consultancies. If you are looking for a new Procurement position please contact our experienced consultants to discuss your career aspirations on 0117 325 2233