Company name:Regional Contractor
Job Role:Assistant Planner
Region:Bristol, United Kingdom
Sector:Refurbishment / Fit Out Contractor
Salary:£25,000 - £35,000
Planning Assistant job in Bristol
Planning Assistant job in Bristol – Kingston Barnes are working with a privately owned contractor who provide all forms of construction from New Build, Extensions to Refurbishments, they specialise in working in live environments, minimising disruption to clients activities whilst maximising the change to layout, appearance and associated requirements. Their range of services covers complete stand-alone projects to national roll out schemes. They are regularly employed by a number of blue chip clients, covering retail, leisure, domestic, commercial insurance repair sectors under a range of partnership and framework agreements. Operating out of three regional offices provides their clients with good support to their site based teams over a large geographical area.
Due to an increase in workload they are looking for a Planning Assistant to work within the Pre-Construction team learning all aspects of the pre-construction phase.
Key Duties include:
- Attendance at Client scoping visits to capture relevant programme requirements and constraints.
- Project Pre commencement phasing / development plans
- Project critical path analysis and programming.
- On site project planning support as required.
- To ensure compliance with company Management Systems
- Any other duties as directed by line manager(s) to perform the role successfully.
- Support on Tenders be it planning, site visits and understanding sub-contractor programme requirements
- Ideally you will be educated to HND/C or degree level and have experience of programming software including Asta Power Project or MS project
- Delivering results putting in extra effort and commitment to exceed expectations without compromising quality. Adhering to relevant procedures; meeting quality standards, getting things right consistently, and not being afraid to ask for help if required! Acting on potential problems before they arise, with the ability to work under pressure and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Problem Solving and Decision-making Checking and clarifying facts. Following guidelines to solve problems and make decisions.