Company name:Lead Automotive Manufacturer
Job Role:Mechanical Design Engineer
Region:Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Job Reference:AD - Des 1
Mechanical Design Engineer, Worcestershire
Are you a Mechanical Design Engineer looking for an exciting opportunity in Worcestershire?
Does working with a market leading manufacturing company sound appealing?
Then get in touch! Kingston Barnes has an exciting opportunity for one of our clients in Worcestershire.
We are looking for a creative Mechanical Design Engineer to work on all product stages from research and development to design and manufacture, through to installation and final commissioning. The goal is to design and engineer rotating and related system mechanical components of innovation and excellence.
The Company: With the company’s success continuing to grow steadily, they are looking at expanding the work force on site in order to maintain production levels. They are a market leader within a highly profitable industry and are looking forward to another successful year within this marketplace. The business has shown consistent growth as a first-Tier supplier and is constantly developing new systems to maintain their competitive advantage in existing markets. Mechanical Design Engineer will receive support and development which will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further yourself and progress your career within a continually expanding business.
- Perform a full lifecycle product development (design, develop, test prototypes, manufacture and implement)
- Design and provide drawings for systems and components that meet needs and requirements
- Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods; testing properties.
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing components.
- Supports the Production and Commissioning Departments during equipment build and installation.
- Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Test and evaluate theoretical designs
- Evaluate final product’s overall performance, reliability and safety
Skills, qualifications & experience
- Preferably 5 years proven working experience in mechanical engineering
- Rotating shaft/drivelines/ Machinery for engines testing, I.E Bearing designs, drive shafts and flywheels.
- Design on experience on shafting torsional, stiffness, and inertias.
- Working experience with product lifecycle management (PLM), finite element analysis (FEA) and computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
- Hands-on experience with computer-aided engineering (CAM) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAE)
- Experience with 2D or 3D engineering design and manufacturing tools. Preferably Solid Works (e.g., AutoCAD or other)
- Mathematical computing and analysis tools knowledge (Matlab, Excel, LabView etc)
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- BSME degree
If you are interested please call Angico Daley on 011793252233 or apply online
* Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position *