Company name:Environmental Specialist
Job Role:Environmental Compliance Administrator
Region:Bristol, United Kingdom
Salary:£25,000 - £35,000
Environmental Compliance Administrator job in Bristol
Do you have a qualification in Environmental Science and looking to take the next step in your career?
Does the sound of working for an expanding company appeal to you?
Are you highly organised and have a keen eye for detail?
Then get in touch!
Environmental Compliance Administrator job in Bristol – An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Compliance Assistant to join my client, an end-to-end developer of gasification projects in the UK. They use advanced thermal conversion technology to produce renewable energy from residual waste. The facilities they develop play a key role in resolving the UK’s waste issues locally by diverting waste from landfill, reducing the amount of waste exports, while transforming residual waste into low carbon, renewable energy.
They have an in-house team with an established track record in developing gasification facilities across all stages of the project lifecycle; from site identification through to construction, operations and maintenance. They work with a suite of technologies and trusted partners, enabling us the flexibility to develop concurrent projects across the UK. To support their existing & planned future projects they are looking for an enthusiastic, organised person to assist the Project and Compliance Manager, providing operational environmental and statutory support on site. This will include, on-site inspections and auditing as well as assisting with ISO accreditation audit process. The role will be based in Bristol but will require travel to operational sites during the working day. Ideally you will hold a related degree in Environmental Science or industry equivalent.
• Ensure environmental permit compliance, assess operator ability to protect the environment, prevent pollution and optimise resources.
• Conduct on-site Environmental and Safety compliance inspections
• Support the Compliance Manager providing staff training and delivery of toolbox talks.
• Produce monthly and annual statutory reports to compliance bodies
• Produce internal reports to communicate to senior management.
• Implement and maintain document management control processes and procedures
• Supervision of the Document Management System.
• Assist with ISO 14001 and 9001 accreditation preparation and audits.
• Provide technical administrative support to the compliance manager, including data input and spreadsheet management.