Job Role:Electromechanical Design Engineer
Are you seeking an Electromechanical Design Engineers Role in Swindon
Have you got 2D and 3D design experience within metals manufacturing
Electromechanical Design Engineer
£40,000 Mon – Fri + Benefits
Our client is seeking an thoroughly experienced Electromechanical Design engineer to join their fast growing bespoke multi-sited manufacturing company.
Reporting to the Senior Electromechanical Design engineering Manager, the successful candidate will become a key member of the Engineering Development Team with personal and functional responsibility for the delivery of electromechanical product designs and hardware solutions inline with customer order.
A shop floor and CAD desk role, undertaking and coordinating the detailed electromechanical design activities, thus requiring to translate these in to cost effective products and to ensuring that robust, reliable technical solutions are implemented and demonstrated as fit for purpose in design-for-manufacture.
• Working collaboratively with the technical teams to develop hardware solutions, performing relevant calculations, associated simulations and tests to deliver robust, innovative technical solutions.
• Stabilising and standardising 3D CAD data structures and model formats, ensuring their implementation and adoption in to general development drawing practice for 2D and 3D design activities.
• Maintaining clear, concise and accurate documentation for solutions, communicating necessary theoretical principles to junior and senior technical staff.
• Performance principles, identifying key specification issues and performance criteria in order to develop, demonstrate and carry out robust product functionality tests.
• Training and mentoring junior staff to realise best practice.
• To assist the business with identifying existing product or application issues and then delivering robust, proven solutions in a design-for-manufacture environment.
• To sustain and support production of the existing technology base.
• Experience within, electro magnetics (not essential), rotary movements, Motors (EC – DC) injection moulding, CNC, Die-casting, and Sheet metal would be highly advantages in becoming successful for the role.
• (Ideally) Minimum 2:1 Honours Degree qualification in Mechanical Engineering with >8 years design experience.
• Demonstrated ability to use and apply 2D and 3D CAD tools at component part and product levels.
• Knowledge and application of engineering materials, associated implementations and related tooling.
• Familiarity with turbomachinery, dynamics and associated fluid mechanics
Bespoke in their product range, culture and industry reputation, possessing two sites in the Swindon area and a worldwide client base, holding roughly 200 personnel under their organisation.
Kingston Barnes is a construction recruitment agency, our deep rooted knowledge of the industry means we have insight into which companies may suit you which will enable you to achieve your career ambitions.. We recruit for a number of developers, contractors & consultancies. If you are looking for a new position as an Electromechanical Engineer in Swindon please contact our experienced consultants to discuss your career aspirations on 0117 325 2233.