Company name:Residential Developer
Job Role:Design Engineer
Region:Swindon, United Kingdom
Sector:Residential / Housing
Salary:£Negotiable & Package
Design Engineer job in Swindon
Are you looking for a new Design Engineer job in Swindon?
Would you like the opportunity to work as part of an established team with an award winning private developer earning an above average market salary?
Are you working as part of a technical team with no career progression?
Then get in touch!
Design Engineer job in Swindon – My client are a leading privately owned housebuilder with carefully chosen locations throughout the UK. They take extreme pride in their developments using traditional building methods and materials, the list goes on – but the thing that their customers appreciate the most is their attention to detail. Their commitment to excellence means you can play a crucial role in maintaining the already high standards of a genuine industry leader. If you take pride in your work and would like the opportunity to work for one of the largest privately owned house building groups in the UK then please get in touch.
Due to team expansion they are looking for an experienced Design Engineer for their office in Swindon. Your position will involve preparing designs and information packs for establishing satisfactory resolutions to engineering issues and for tender purposes as well as providing solutions to the foundation and contamination issues and offering advice on SUD’s and value engineering.
You will be an integral part of the Design & Technical team, liaising with the Commercial & Construction department, other duties include:
- Assisting in the production of site appraisals
- Developing road and sewer designs with the approving bodies in order to solve all associated engineering issues
- Preparing/coordinating detailed Section 38 and Section 104 designs
- Preparing external level drawings
- Preparing private drainage drawings
- Briefing and managing the foundation design consultant
- Delivering civils engineering packages
- Obtaining & completing Section 38 & Section 104 approvals
- Discharging engineering related and building related issues
- Arranging for Section 38 & Section 104 maintenance inspections and bond releases.
It is essential that you are qualified to at least HNC level in Civil Engineering or equivalent and have proven experience gained with a housebuilder or consultancy. You should bring an in-depth understanding of Section 38, 104 and 278 agreements. You will also have strong communication skills, plus a knowledge of highway design standards, sewers for adoption, Building Regs Part H, BS8301, PDS design, mircrodrainage software and AutoCAD.
My client offers an above average basic salary and package with the opportunity to work as part of an established team. If this appeals to you then please contact Kate Hallett for further information.