Company name:Regional Contractor
Job Role:Contracts Manager
Region:Bristol, United Kingdom
Sector:Building ContractingResidential / Housing
Salary:Negotiable + Package
Are you a Commercial Manager looking for an exciting new opportunity?
Does the sound of working for one of the UK’s leading construction groups appeal to you?
Do you have a proven background in the residential sector and are keen to leave volume housebuilding behind?
Then get in touch!
Commercial Manager job in Bristol – An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a leading housebuilding, regeneration and construction group in Bristol. They operate as three strong and profitable businesses across the South West with a vast range of public, private and regulated clients. They deliver houses that people make a home, buildings where people work, roads, rail and aviation networks that connect communities with each other.
They are looking for a Commercial Manager to join their busy office in Bristol:
The Commercial Manager will report to the Head of Commercial and will be responsible for being commercial lead for a number of residential redevelopments in the West region.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of JCT, NEC3 and bespoke contracts and possess a strong appreciation of project processes and design and risk management. Experience of successfully leading, managing, motivating and developing a team is essential, along with solid experience in delivering affordable housing schemes with values between £5m to an excess of £35m. Commercial awareness, cost planning and the ability to carry out accurate cost / value forecasting and risk management is essential along with excellent team leadership, communication and procurement skills. Experience in negotiating and agreeing both contract sums and conditions with clients is also required.
Required qualifications include a BSc in Surveying, along with membership of a recognised construction body (MCIOB, RICS). This is a senior position and the successful candidate will have worked at a similar level for a main contractor or residential developer within the region.
- Day to day management and support to the site surveyors delivering the projects
- Prepare and manage key and large risk subcontract accounts from inception to final accounts
- Represent the company as a senior commercial representative in client meetings and discussions
- Attending site and design meetings to support the project team
- Devise, implement and monitor subcontract procurement strategy and implementation for each project
- Collating and preparing monthly CVC reports for presentation to Directors
- Monitoring risk schedule and managing risk from commencement to completion
- Check and ensure compliance and issuing of timely Payment and Pay less notices to Subcontractors
- Provide Contractual advice to project team and Pre-Construction team as required
In Return my client offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting housing developments, in a fast paced environment where each day brings new challenges. Benefits package includes: competitive salary, annual bonus scheme, enhanced holiday entitlement and private healthcare.