Company name:Design and Property Consultancy
Job Role:Civil Engineer
Salary:To £42k plus excellent benefits
Are you seeking a Civil Engineer position in Hampshire?
Would you like to work for a leading Construction Consultancy on a variety of large, complex projects?
Do you have previous experience of drainage and infrastructure design in a Consultancy environment?
Civil Engineer position in Winchester. Established for over 60 years, our client is a well-regarded Property and Design Consultancy with 12 offices across the UK. They have a requirement for a Civil Engineer to join their established Civil Engineering team, based in their Winchester office.
Based at their multi-disciplinary offices in Winchester, the Civil Engineer will be responsible for providing a wide range of civil engineering services including highways design for roads, Section 278 Agreements, flood alleviation, sustainable drainage systems, pumping stations, sewerage and external works. You’ll be involved in all aspects of civil engineering design from Pre-Planning, Conceptual design through to the production of As-Built drawings.
Role and responsibilities:
- Prepare client / project proposals
- Oversee the delivery of projects
- Produce flood risk assessments (FRA’s) and Drainage strategies
- Agree design philosophy / design fundamentals
- Producing highways and drainage designs for medium to large development infrastructure projects
- Produce civil engineering designs and supervise/mentor more junior engineers & CAD Technicians
- Provide day-to-day client interface, conducting site visits for technical assessment or problem-solving
- Support senior civil engineering staff with design
Skills and experience required:
- Experience in a similar role, gained within a private consultancy
- Pre-Planning experience for Flood Risk and/or Masterplanning support
- A good understanding of Section Agreements required to obtain technical approval for highway and drainage schemes, e.g. Section 278, Section 104, etc.
- An understanding of DMRB and MfS Vol 1 and 2
- A relevant engineering qualification (BEng or equivalent)
- A competent user of Windes Microdrainage, AutoCAD or Civils 3D
In return you’ll receive a highly competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, combined with great career progression and the opportunity to play a lead role in the development and growth of the team.
Kingston Barnes are a built environment recruitment agency. Our deep-rooted knowledge of the industry means we have insight into which companies will enable you to achieve your career ambitions. We recruit for a number of contractors, developers, & consultancies. If you are looking for a Civil Engineering job in Winchester or the South East then please contact Dave Harries on 0117 325 2233.