Company name:Residential Developer
Job Role:Civil Engineer
Salary:to £34k plus car / allowance and benefits
Are you seeking a Civil Engineer job in Bristol?
Would you like to work for one of the UK’s leading developers with a reputation for high quality design?
Civil Engineer job in Bristol. Our client is one of the UK’s top 10 housing developers, with a reputation for high quality design and excellent customer service. From their network of regional offices, they design and build a diverse range of properties from one-bedroom apartments to luxury penthouses and prestigious executive houses. They have a current requirement for a Civil Engineer or Engineering Technician to join their Technical team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Civil Engineer will assist in managing the engineering design from land appraisal through to construction issue, oversee site works and progress sites through to adoption.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Land Department on the Technical viability of new sites
- Assisting in the production of layouts and technical report for Land Appraisals via reviewing of available information and producing associated working drawings
- Obtaining Archaeology, Ecology & Transport advice & quotations
- Sourcing Statutory Utiliy plans & production of constraints plans.
- Preparing outline engineering schematics for Land Appraisals
- Managing initial technical submissions for approval by statutory authorities (e.g. S104, S38, S278)
- Compiling engineering standard details for drainage, highways, foundations and retaining walls,
- Production of engineering construction drawings when not appointing external consultants to do so.
This role would suit an Assistant / Civil Design Engineer or Engineering Technician with relevant knowledge and experience gained in a design office including:
Experience of residential estate design, and Section 104, 278 and 38 agreements.
Excellent communication skills and will be comfortable liaising with Statutory Authorities and Utilities providers.
Analysis and technical design skills such as AutoCAD, Microdrainage, PDS or Civils 3D.
Experience preparing drainage strategies on greenfield and brownfield schemes.
Kingston Barnes are a built environment recruitment agency. Our deep-rooted knowledge of the industry means we have insight into which companies will enable you to achieve your career ambitions. We recruit for a number of developers, contractors & consultancies. If you are looking for a Civil Engineer job in Bristol or the South West then please contact Dave Harries