Company name:Residential Developer
Region:Bristol, United Kingdom
Salary:Negotiable + Package
Buyer job in Bristol
Are you looking for a new opportunity as a Buyer working as part of an experienced team?
Do you like the idea of working for a growing division on exciting residential projects?
Are you driven by working in a fast paced environment building a quality product?
Buyer job in Bristol – My client aims to provide the highest standard of design, construction and customer service in the business, resulting in a host of major industry awards in recent years. For the fourth year running they are the highest quality major national housebuilder, having been awarded an exclusive ‘5 Star Housebuilder Award*’ by the Homebuilders Federation. They are proud to have been named Housebuilder of the Year at the industry’s most prestigious annual awards.
As a result they are looking for a Buyer to join their busy team. You will be experienced in the residential sector, ideally with a volume housebuilder, although this is not essential. As the Buyer your main responsibility will be to manage an efficient materials purchasing process on sites.
- Preparation of all procurement duties and exercises.
- Be aware of new materials to the market which would assist the business.
- Schedule and place material and plant orders with Group National Suppliers where appropriate or general suppliers, optimising cost and quality.
- Attend internal pre-start meetings and team meetings as required.
- Check Architects/Engineers drawings for discrepancies and compliance with the required material specification. Thereafter resolving any queries with the relevant consultants/ Technical Department.
- Ensure correct specifications are being used.
- Produce material cost schedules and budgets with cost codes for new sites and as required, and to review material cost codes to ensure budgets are not exceeded.
- Produce schedules for material enquiries, sending to suppliers for costing and assessing quotations and supplier’s schedules to ensure they are correct, prior to placing the respective orders.
- Provide site material accruals on a monthly basis.
- Compile quarterly material valuations for presentation to the Surveyor to be incorporated in the respective valuation meetings.
- Carry out material on site checks and produce reports as required.
Competitive salary and package available