Company name:Regional Contractor
Region:Bath, Bristol, United Kingdom
Salary:Negotiable + Package
Are you a materials Buyer looking for a new permanent opportunity?
Does the sound of working for an award winning regional contractor appeal to you?
Do you have a minimum of 3 years experience in a Buying role and looking for career progression?
Buyer job in Bath – This is an exciting new opportunity working for an expanding and successful South West based regional Contractor.
They are looking for an individual to take the next step in their development as a Buyer within the construction industry and has the necessary experience to support the procurement function. Typical construction projects include mixed residential schemes, care homes and schools/colleges.
As part of the Commercial and Operations Team, the role includes negotiation, managing deadlines, awareness of supply chain and general support of preconstruction, finance, commercial and site management teams. They are looking for a strong team member with previous experience in buying:
• Issuing enquiries – take off and scheduling as necessary
• Raising purchase orders, complying with approval criteria where applicable
• Compile and maintain material procurement schedule
• Challenging specifications through considered Value Engineering
• Obtain quotes/advise on suitable suppliers
• Meeting attendance where applicable
• Promote direct and 3rd party rebate opportunity prior to project delivery and maintain compliance via communication with project teams and subcontractors
• Order in line with existing supply agreements – i.e. to help achieve challenging rebate targets.
• Assist with the development of the existing material supply chain
• Promptly resolve supplier invoice queries in support of Finance team
• Distribution of plant hire reports and review with site team
• Support / provide advice to junior members where necessary
• Support supply chain events where applicable
• Inputting of KPI data into commercial report