Company name:Design and Property Consultancy
Job Role:Civil Engineer
Salary:To £70k plus car allowance and excellent benefits
Are you seeking an Associate Civil Engineer position in Hampshire?
Would you like to work for a leading Construction Consultancy on a variety of large, complex projects?
Would you like the opportunity to develop and grow the existing team and progress to a Partner in the business?
Associate Civil Engineer position in Hampshire. Established for over 60 years, our client is a well-regarded Property and Design Consultancy with 12 offices across the UK. They have a requirement for an Associate to join their established Civil Engineering team, based in their Winchester office.
Based at their multi-disciplinary offices, the Associate Civil Engineer will lead the delivery of innovative design solutions to their clients, whilst developing and strengthening the existing Civil Engineering team not only within the Winchester office, but throughout the entire Civils discipline across the UK. With national offices and support from established engineering teams, and working alongside professionals from all other disciplines, you will develop a comprehensive view of the construction industry as a whole, whilst being involved with residential and commercial developments (including pre-planning infrastructure).
Role and responsibilities:
- Leading and growing the Civil Engineering discipline
- Manage existing clients and developing further opportunities
- Day-to-day support to colleagues from other disciplines within the office
- Represent the company at external meetings with clients and fellow professionals
- Responsible for delivering work to a pre-agreed budget
- Project profitability (monitoring / planning of costs and budgets)
- Responsible for negotiating fee proposals and requesting additional fees
- Construct teams from internal and external resources
- Lead the technical development of the group
Skills and Experience required:
- Prior experience of managing and developing a Civil Engineering team.
- Experience of designing a wide range of projects from conception through to completion (including calculations, drawings and specifications).
- Be a respected leader
- Educated to degree level and ideally a Chartered Engineer
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary consultancy environment is preferred.
You will have the technical skills, knowledge and experience to find creative solutions for even the most complex challenges and the ability to communicate these clearly.
In return you’ll receive a highly competitive salary, an excellent benefits package including car allowance and 27 days holiday, combined with great career progression and the opportunity to become a partner in the business.
Kingston Barnes are a built environment recruitment agency. Our deep-rooted knowledge of the industry means we have insight into which companies will enable you to achieve your career ambitions. We recruit for a number of contractors, developers, & consultancies. If you are looking for a Civil Engineering job in Winchester or the South East then please contact Dave Harries on 0117 325 2233.