Company name:Residential Developer
Job Role:Assistant Buyer
Region:Bristol, United Kingdom
Salary:£23,000 - £26,000
Assistant Buyer job in Bristol
Are you an Assistant Buyer or a Commercial Assistant looking for a new permanent position with a privately owned residential developer in Bristol?
Would you like the opportunity to work in a newly established region in a brand new office?
Are you keen to join an established company with a keen eye for quality & customer service?
Assistant Buyer job in Bristol – My client is an independent award winning house building company who pride themselves on delivering quality homes. With a wide ranging portfolio they have a home for everyone ranging from one bedroom apartments through to detached executive homes. They have an experienced and skilled team from the purchasing of land to the constructing of the home through to the after sales care. Their awards are testament to the attention to detail required in building a quality home. From the design, the products used in construction, the construction of the home and the customer care provided.
After a successful year they are looking for an Assistant Buyer to join them on a permanent basis in their commercial department. You will work closely with the Senior Buyer assisting in duties including:
- Reading and understanding contract drawings and specifications.
- Scheduling materials
- Place enquires and ensure material prices are negotiated to maximise profitability.
- Maintain material database and orders to ensure latest information is correct on the system.
- Understand the tendering process, obtaining best possible material prices and agreeing fixed price periods.
- Ensure correct specifications are being used.
- Be aware of new materials to the market which would assist the business.
- Carry out material on site checks and produce reports as required.
- Compile quarterly material valuations for the Senior Buyer to present to the Commercial Manager to be incorporated in respective valuation meetings.
- Produce material cost schedules and budgets with cost codes for new sites and as required, and to review material cost codes to ensure budgets are not exceeded.
Ideally you will be working for a regional housebuilder or contractor with experience in material buying either as an Assistant Buyer or Commercial Assistant. Alternatively my client will consider recently qualified candidates with an industry related degree who are familiar with procurement. In return my client offers the opportunity to work with and be supported by an experienced Senior Buyer with a wealth of house building experience.
Competitive Salary available