Company name:Student Accommodation Developer
Job Role:Architectural Technician
Salary:To £32000 plus benefits
Are you looking for an Architectural Technician job in Coventry?
Do you have excellent software skills including experience of using Revit in practice?
Architectural Technician job in Coventry. A leading developer who owns, develops and operates high specification student accommodation projects throughout the UK have a requirement for an Architectural Technician to join their inhouse design team. Their schemes generally comprise of between 200 to 1000 units made up of fully fitted en-suite studios and shared, serviced apartments.
The Architectural Technician will create and develop designs and detail drawing packages for the construction and interior fit-out of all elements of the project.
Responsibilities will include:
- Production of designs and drawing packages using specialist CAD packages – Revit, and occasionally by hand.
- Liaising with the construction team to assess feasibility of potential projects.
- Working closely with a team of other professionals such as building service engineers, construction managers, quantity surveyors and Structural Engineers.
- Preparing and submitting planning applications.
- Writing and presenting reports, proposals, applications and contracts.
- Choosing the materials to be used and specifying the requirements for the project.
- Adapting plans according to circumstances and resolving any problems that may arise during construction.
- Project managing and helping to coordinate the work of contractors.
- Regular site visits to check on progress, ensuring that the project is running on time and to budget;
- Resolving problems and issues that arise during construction.
Skills and experience required:
- Experience of using REVIT in practice
- Knowledge of Building Regulations and Planning legislation
- Experience of working on multioccupancy projects would be beneficial
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workloads
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Attention to detail
Kingston Barnes are a built environment recruitment agency. Our deep-rooted knowledge of the industry means we have insight into which companies will enable you to achieve your career ambitions. We recruit for a number of architectural practices, developers, & consultancies. If you are looking for an Architectural Technician job in Coventry or the West Midlands then please contact Dave Harries on 0117 325 2233.