Graduate Infrastructure Engineer
Are you a Graduate with a degree in Civil Engineering?
Does the thought of working for an established company with continued career development appeal to you?
Are you looking for a new challenge working within an experienced team?
Then get in touch.
My client has grown from strength to strength with numerous projects throughout the South West. They have built up an enviable reputation as a company that is trustworthy, reliable and above all delivers.
Due to an increase in workload they are looking to appoint a Graduate Civil/Infrastructure Engineer, ideally with 2-4 years’ experience designing roads and sewers who can work as part of a team or independently with minimal supervision. You will need to be confident, have good communication skills and be proficient in Autocad, Autotrack, Micro Drainage and either PDS or Site 3D.
For further information about this position please contact Kate Hallett at Kingston Barnes 0117 325 2233
Site Agent job in Bristol
Are you a Site Agent looking to progress in your career?
Does the sound of working in a fast paced environment for a client with a strong pipeline of work appeal to you?
Do you hold a civil engineering qualification and have a minimum of 5 years experience working for a regional contractor?
Then get in touch!
My client is a specialist construction and civil engineering contractor with a record of fast track, innovative and sustainable delivery solutions. They have earned a reputation for quality and reliability backed up by long-term relationships with many clients and consultants.
Their combined specialisms enable them to offer a wide range of disciplines enabling them to take on new build, fit-out, restoration and refurbishment as well as a comprehensive range of civil engineering services. Projects range from large multi-million pound design & build developments, complex supermarkets and shopping malls through to infrastructure works for residential developments, flood alleviation facilities, bridges and pedestrianisation schemes.
Due to continued growth they are looking for a Site Agent to join them on a permanent basis. Ideally you will hold a professional civil engineering qualification and have a minimum of 5 years previous experience as a Site Engineer. This position would suit someone currently working for a regional contractor who has experience overseeing a team as a number one and is looking to progress in their career. You will be a confident leader and be prepared to travel to projects within an hour of Bristol.
Competitive salary & package.
Are you seeking an Associate Civil Engineer position in Hampshire?
Would you like to work for a leading Construction Consultancy on a variety of large, complex projects?
Would you like the opportunity to develop and grow the existing team and progress to a Partner in the business?
Associate Civil Engineer position in Hampshire. Established for over 60 years, our client is a well-regarded Property and Design Consultancy with 12 offices across the UK. They have a requirement for an Associate to join their established Civil Engineering team, based in their Winchester office.
Based at their multi-disciplinary offices, the Associate Civil Engineer will lead the delivery of innovative design solutions to their clients, whilst developing and strengthening the existing Civil Engineering team not only within the Winchester office, but throughout the entire Civils discipline across the UK. With national offices and support from established engineering teams, and working alongside professionals from all other disciplines, you will develop a comprehensive view of the construction industry as a whole, whilst being involved with residential and commercial developments (including pre-planning infrastructure).
Role and responsibilities:
- Leading and growing the Civil Engineering discipline
- Manage existing clients and developing further opportunities
- Day-to-day support to colleagues from other disciplines within the office
- Represent the company at external meetings with clients and fellow professionals
- Responsible for delivering work to a pre-agreed budget
- Project profitability (monitoring / planning of costs and budgets)
- Responsible for negotiating fee proposals and requesting additional fees
- Construct teams from internal and external resources
- Lead the technical development of the group
Skills and Experience required:
- Prior experience of managing and developing a Civil Engineering team.
- Experience of designing a wide range of projects from conception through to completion (including calculations, drawings and specifications).
- Be a respected leader
- Educated to degree level and ideally a Chartered Engineer
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary consultancy environment is preferred.
You will have the technical skills, knowledge and experience to find creative solutions for even the most complex challenges and the ability to communicate these clearly.
In return you’ll receive a highly competitive salary, an excellent benefits package including car allowance and 27 days holiday, combined with great career progression and the opportunity to become a partner in the business.
Kingston Barnes are a built environment recruitment agency. Our deep-rooted knowledge of the industry means we have insight into which companies will enable you to achieve your career ambitions. We recruit for a number of contractors, developers, & consultancies. If you are looking for a Civil Engineering job in Winchester or the South East then please contact Dave Harries on 0117 325 2233.
Are you seeking a Technical Coordinator Job in Exeter?
Would you like to work for one of the UK’s leading developers with a reputation for high quality design?
Technical Coordinator job in Exeter. Our client is one of the UK’s top 10 housing developers, with a reputation for high quality design and excellent customer service. From their network of regional offices, they design and build a diverse range of properties from one-bedroom apartments to luxury penthouses and prestigious executive houses. They have a current requirement for a Technical Coordinator to join their Technical team. Reporting to the Technical Director, the Technical Coordinator will assist in the coordination and management of external consultants in the production of technical and design information on a number of projects, from land appraisal through to completion on site.
- Participate in managing the preparation of planning layout and supporting information and reports.
- Ensure co-ordination between all consultants during construction of the development.
- Attend internal and external team meetings as required to assist in the preparation of information for planning submission.
- Ensure relevant information availability for clearance of all planning conditions prior to site start.
- Prepare, submit and secure Building Regulations Approvals for developments.
- Arrange for the preparation of all working drawing requirements for both residential and non- residential uses
- Run design team meetings and follow up actions specified.
- The successful Technical Coordinator will ideally come from an Architectural or Engineering background and will have extensive experience of working on residential projects.
- Knowledge of Building Regulations, the Planning System and Code for Sustainable Homes is essential. An understanding of related disciplines including planning, engineering, drainage, highways would be beneficial.
- You’ll have excellent written and verbal communication skills combined with good project management Skills.
This role would also suit Architectural Technicians or Civil Design Engineers with good knowledge of residential projects who are interested in moving in to a Technical Coordination role.
Kingston Barnes are a built environment recruitment agency. Our deep-rooted knowledge of the industry means we have insight into which companies will enable you to achieve your career ambitions. We recruit for a number of developers, contractors & consultancies. If you are looking for a Technical Coordinator job in the South West then please contact Dave Harries.