To manage the day to day running of the transport department, in a smooth, efficient and effective manner.
Daily responsibilities include:
· Efficiently route deliveries in alignment with business and customer needs.
· Plan resource allocation according to volume and throughput to meet Service Level Agreements.
· Manage staff attendance, conduct and performance in line with the company policies and procedures.
· Accurate record keeping, including preparing KPI’s for the department.
· Train team members on induction, to support personal development and/or performance of the team.
· Deputise for the Warehouse and Distribution Manager as required.
· Assist in the development of a strong team culture by building effective relationships with colleagues from around the business.
· Communicate with internal and external customers.
· Ensure compliance with all internal and external regulatory requirements.
· Investigate driver incident reports.
· Monitor fleet activities.
· Co-ordinate any support and maintenance needed for the fleet, including breakdowns and scheduled maintenance.
· Previous experience supervising a transport team.
· Strong organisational skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Able to motivate and develop a team, with good influencing and feedback skills to support people and process management.
· Able to work through and assess issues in a logical way to identify solutions.
· Able to manage own work in order to meet conflicting deadlines whilst maintaining performance standards and a consistent high degree of accuracy.
· Proactively seeks to identify opportunities for continuous process improvement.
· ERP experience, ideally with Sage.
· Experience of performance management, staff development, disciplinary and grievance, and attendance management.
· Awareness of other business functions and how they operate together.
· Flexible and able to work in a Warehousing supervisory level, or other areas in the warehousing and distribution department as required.
· Forklift Truck (FLT) Licence, First Aid, Fire Warden, and relevant Health & Safety training.
For further information, apply online or contact Frankie on 0117 325 2233.