Are you seeking a brilliant opportunity within a brand new business as a Transport Manager working for a logistics company, within a growing depot?
Interested? Then please get in touch!
An exciting and ever-growing business has recently opened a transport arm to their business in Dartford, Kent (DA11). The company who works within fashion, container shipping as well as dairy and fuel distribution are now looking at starting from scratch and they have a huge opportunity for a Transport Manager to join them to help with their growth and team building within their transport department.
Our client is looking for an experienced Transport Manager to join them to help with the growth of their new transport team, there is a vast amount of progression available for the right candidate.
Initially your role will be to manage the growth of the Transport Division from 5 to 30 44t vehicles in 2023. You would be responsible for the effective compliance and planning of the vehicles, and initially day-to-day Fleet and Driver management. However, this role is a key part of the phased growth plan, so the operational team will be built around you.
Some Key Responsibilities
- Sourcing appropriate shipments from the customer database to effectively utilise vehicles around contracted customer movements.
- Planning and routing the vehicles to maximise utilisation and revenue, minimising empty mileage and drivers’ hours.
- Managing the maintenance, driver hours, and legal operation of a road fleet.
- Interfacing with the site’s customers and dealing with sub-contract partners.
- Liaising with local maintenance suppliers regarding PMIs, MOT, etc.
- Reporting problems and dealing with any issues and queries that may arise.
- Administer disciplinary action when drivers are in breach of the driver’s handbook or Code of Conduct.
- Managing driver and transport office staff hours to ensure there is sufficient staff cover for all transport functions.
Monday to Friday
£40,000- £44,000 per year + 5% salary bonus depending on performance
Up to £46,200 per year initially.
- CPC National & International Desired but not essential
- PC Literate in Word, Excel
- 5 years industry experience
- Transport planning experience
- Managerial role experience
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- The knowledge and initiative to solve basic problems and make routine decisions
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Unfortunately, we cannot take anyone with a DR10 on their licence
The Application Processes:
Please call our office on 0117 325 8687 apply to this advert in the first instance by sending a CV across and we will contact you within 1 working day of your application has been successful.