Toolroom Service Technician job in North Bristol
Are you from a tooling background looking for a new opportunity?
Have you got experience servicing and maintaining die tools or grinding tools?
Then get in touch
Our client is looking for a highly motivated and proactive mechanical engineer to service toolroom equipment pre-production. Full training and development for candidates who have core skills within mechanical or manufacturing engineering
With the company’s success continuing to grow steadily, they are looking at expanding the work force on site in order to maintain production levels. They are a market leader within a highly profitable packaging industry and are looking forward to another successful year within this marketplace. The business has shown consistent growth and is constantly developing new systems to maintain their competitive advantage in existing markets. The successful Mechanical Toolroom Technician will receive support and development which will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further yourself and progress your career within a continually expanding business.
Within the remit of the role you will be:
– Responsible for Tool Preparation for Daily Production Requirements, ensuring that tools are ready as per tooling schedule
– Servicing of Production Tools, to ‘as new standard’ when tools are removed from machines, ready for the next production period
– To assist in change-overs / fitting of tools, if required
– Carry out repairs to tooling as directed by the Tooling Manager and in emergency, as directed by the production Shift Manager
– Upkeep of the tooling workshop including cleanliness and ensuring the area is safe and tidy at all time
– Ensure effective communication is maintained between colleagues especially at shift handover, and partially completed work should be passed on with a written log of what’s been completed and what’s remaining
– Use of Tool-room machine tools to reduce costs and ensure tooling is ready on time
– Use of welding equipment, for aluminium, repair of tooling, when required.
– Mechanical Engineering background
– Understanding of die tooling or similar
- Tooling/Toolmaking background – servicing, cleaning, maintaining
– Experience servicing and maintaining tools ready for production
– Tool maintenance, blading, grinding and full tool servicing
– Engineering/ manufacturing background
– Happy working shifts
– Toolmaking apprenticeship or apprenticeship useful, not essential
To hear more about the opportunity or discuss your career calls, please send your CV or call me on (phone number removed)
** Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for the position **