Are you a Senior Mechanical Engineer looking for a new and exciting opportunity ?
Does the idea of joining a business that specialize in state-of-the-art industrial automation technology interest you ?
Can you demonstrate experience designing electro-mechanical components ?
Then please get in touch ! Kingston Barnes are recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our client in the Dorset area!
Our client specialize in state-of-the-art industrial automation technology. Their core disciplines are in the areas of machine vision, industrial robotics, and motion control systems, all of which have become vital in contributing to greater output and consistent product quality. Due to the business picking up lots of new orders they are now looking to grow the mechanical engineering team and are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer and a less experienced Mechanical Engineer to join the team.
Summary of job function
- The post holder will work within a cross-functional project team environment to design and develop robot based, electro-mechanical systems for use in factory and process automation.
- Using 3D solid modelling tools, create and develop mechanical designs from concept through to production, installation, and test
- Prepare 2D orthographic drawings to an exceptionally high standards of clarity and accuracy in accordance with BS/ISO/ASME drawing standards
- Liaise with suppliers of machined and fabricated parts to ensure design-for-manufacturability goals are met for both cost and lead-time.
- Liaise with operations and workshop staff to ensure design-for-assembly goals are met
- Prepare and process engineering change notices (ECN)
- Prepare, maintain, and present design review materials in accordance with LOOP’s product development process
- Participate in peer and project design reviews as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in their recognized area(s) of expertise
- Under the direction of the Mechanical Project Lead, work within the project team to conceive, develop and test product designs and ensure that design integrity and compliance with mechanical and subsystem design requirements are maintained.
The position reports to
- Mechanical engineering manager
- Electro-mechanical design experience is essential
- Motion control or automation experience is essential
- Ideally degree qualified in either Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics
- Significant amount of analysis, Maths, and physics capability
- Any CAD package experience is fine (Solid Works is desirable)
- £30,000 – £47,000 per year (Potentially more for the right experience )
- 22 days + 8 bank holidays
- Parking on site
- Sick pay
- Gov pension plan
- Potential for hybrid working
- Monday – Thursday 8:30 – 17:00, Friday 8.30 – 16:00
If you would like to hear more about this position then please get in touch asap !