Mechanical Fitter in the Bedford Area
Up to £26,000 25 Days Holidays, Pension and an Annual Bonus!!!
Monday to Friday – Day Shift – 37.5 Hours per week
With the company’s success continuing to grow steadily, they are looking at expanding the workforce on site in order to maintain production levels. They are a market leader within a growing industrial manufacturing industry. The business has shown consistent growth and is constantly developing new systems to maintain their competitive advantage in existing markets. The successful Manual Machinist will receive support and development which will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further yourself and progress your career within a continually expanding business.
The position will require an experienced Mechanical Fitter who has experience working with medium/large mechanical assemblies. You will be fitting and assembling pumps, pressure testing of various pump components, fettling and shaping impellers using a variety of handheld power tools whilst reading engineering drawings. The role will require a mechanically minded individual with the ability to adapt.
- Several years’ experience working in a similar mechanical assembly environment
- Experience working with pumps
- Experience of working in a light to medium mechanical engineering operation
- Experience in reading of engineering drawings, manufacturing, and quality check lists
- Qualified Overhead Crane User (training will be given if required)
- Pressure testing experience or similar (desirable)
- Qualified Forklift user (training will be given if required)
If you are interested, please call Sam Bishop on 0117 325 2233 or apply online
* Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position *