Health and Safety Advisor in West Yorkshire
Are you a Health and Safety Advisor environment from a manufacturing environment?
Then get in Touch!
Full training and development in company systems with excellent starting salary.
With the company’s success continuing to grow steadily, they are looking at expanding the work force on site in order to maintain production levels. They are a market leader within the manufacturing industry and are looking forward to another successful year within this marketplace. The business has shown consistent growth and is constantly developing new systems to maintain their competitive advantage in existing markets. The successful Health and Safety Advisor will receive support and development to achieve and maintain excellent Health and Safety standards within the business.
Includes, but not limited to the following:
- Identify and correct potential hazards by inspecting facilities, machinery, and safety equipment, managing Hazard Reporting and Corrective Actions Effectively.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of safe working practices and working conditions, reviewing and creating relevant Work Instructions.
- Conduct Risk Assessments to identify potential hazards, control measures and further actions. Communicate effectively with key stakeholders to develop initiatives to eliminate or reduce hazards.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of current policies, regulations, and processes
- Carry out health and safety inductions and training on site
- Carry out investigations into accident/incidents, and recurrent health cases to provide workplace solutions. Liaise with insurer, health and safety consultant, local authority and HSE when required.
- Compiling H&S statistics and communicating regular reports.
- Support and guide other departments such as HR, engineering, compliance, purchasing and product development.
- Manage Environmental, Health and Safety Statutory Compliance, such as LOLER, DSEAR, HAVS, etc.
- Ensure that the building, equipment and products comply with Health and Safety regulations
- Promote and foster a positive attitude to health and safety in the workplace.
- Carry out internal and external audits Accreditations –
ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health & Safety Management
ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management
- Responsible for site EHS KPIs and ensuring set targets are achieved
- Health and Safety Background
- NEBOSH Diploma (ESSENTIAL)
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment (essential)
- Ambition to progress their career
- Good oral and presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of HSE legislation
- Ability to manage workload, manage to tight time scales and set deadlines.
- Works under own initiative
If you are interested please call Justin Reynolds on (phone number removed) or apply online
* Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position *