Commercial Manager job in Liverpool
Are you a proven Commercial Manager looking for a new opportunity?
Would you like to work for an established contractor on a wide variety of projects?
Does the sound of working for a contractor with future promotion opportunity appeal to you?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Manager to run the commercial department of one of the most established names in the industry. They have over 30 years’ experience in construction work across the commercial, residential, industrial and utilities sectors.
- Overall management of the Surveying and estimating departments with the business.
- Reporting into the team of Directors
- Monthly cost control
- Completing the overall management of project cash flows and reporting on these when needed to Clients and Directors.
- Key management of sub-contractors, from approving supply chain, confirming and obtaining payments to agreeing the best value packages for the business.
- Commercial management of projects assigned, typically 5-6 at one time
- Manage and report valuations and accounts to ensure the company maintains a positive cash position. As well as on a monthly basis reporting on the forecast turnover.
- Cost variations in line with contract requirements.
- Providing monthly CVR’s to report at internal meetings.
- Attend project meetings to review commercial status with client and to enable accurate reporting.
- Administration duties will include: Review and approve contract documents for signing. Assist with the preparation of Tender quality submission and ensuring the Implementation of their Quality Systems.
- Experience in new build and refurbishment projects ranging from £50k – £5m
- Have excellent knowledge of cost and programme management
- Proven track record of meeting with existing and new clients on a face to face basis
- Team management, ensuring that the Estimators and QS teams are delivering on their client’s requirements
- A proven track record of how to achieve client satisfaction and project success