Company name:Leading Construction Consultancy
Job Role:Bid WriterTechnical bid writer
Salary:£27000 - £40,000 + Package
Are you a Bid Writer looking for an exciting opportunity in Bristol?
Would you like to be involved in some of the most interesting construction projects in the South-West?
Does the idea of being a part of a work winning team for a forward thinking, dynamic and growing company sound appealing?
Then get in touch! Kingston Barnes has been exclusively retained to source a bid / proposals writer for a leading consultancy in the Bristol area. Our client is a well known and respected Building Consultancy working across a wide range of market sectors within the built environment throughout the UK. Due to a consistent increase in work and opportunity they are looking to further improve their service and as a result are looking to appoint a Bid Writer in their Bristol office.
Our client is one of the UKs leading multi disciplinary construction consultancy working with clients across Central & Southern England. They have an excellent reputation and an increasing client base consisting of Education, Healthcare, Commercial, Residential & Retail. their focus is on delivering a first class service and building long-term relationships with their customers, employees, supply chain and communities they work in.
This position is a vital role in the work winning team. The main purpose of the role is to ensure that accurate information is provided to enable the successful business development of the company both externally and internally. Manage, prepare and complete information for approval to allow submissions to be made by designated dates. Responsible for all bid deliveries, ensuring a bespoke and concise response is submitted on time.
The ideal candidate will possess strong bid writing ability combined with organisational and project management skills, an eye for detail and meticulous proof-reading and communication skills both written and verbal, together with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- As part of the Business Development team, you will be writing clear and concise prequalification and tender submissions
- Write client and bid focused market leading responses
- Review / proof read the final production materials to ensure that message quality, format and content meet agreed objectives
- Produce supporting case studies and method statements as needed.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Must have excellent use of the English language and excellent writing skills. An ability to identify and solve problems in a timely manner is essential.
- Must have a construction / engineering background and be able to understand technical information.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with technically oriented people, including the ability to work with construction staff, discuss technical questions and write responses.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be willing to support the team and others – a Team Player with a strong work ethic.
- Must have the flexibility to meet the challenges of fluctuating workloads and multiple assignments with tight deadlines that may require non-standard work hours from time to time.
- IT Literacy including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Whats on Offer:
For the successful candidate a fantastic remuneration package & benefits scheme will be on offer tailored to fit you. This is an excellent opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast paced environment where each day brings new challenges.
Kingston Barnes are a construction recruitment agency. Our deep rooted knowledge of the industry means we have insight into which companies will enable you to achieve your career ambitions. We recruit for a number of developers, contractors & consultancies. If you are looking for a Bid Writer, Proposals Writer, Bid-Coordinator, Bid Manager or any role within pre construction please contact our experienced consultants to discuss your career aspirations on 0117 325 2233.